Ready to mentor, nurture talent, and change some lives in the process?
Every few weeks, a group of around 20 people of different nationalities and backgrounds - most of them not related to programming in any way - start their 11-week journey to becoming junior developers.
Some are looking to learn new skills and get a better job or a promotion, some are fresh out of school and decided they don’t want to follow a career in their field of study, but instead in software development, and others (the majority, actually) are looking to make a sometimes radical career change.
And they need you to guide them by:
Teaching, preparing, and improving classroom lectures for your students;
Evaluating students on homework assignments, mentoring them, and - if necessary - selecting them out of the program;
Developing software to support, automate, and improve the learning and teaching environments, using the same technologies you teach to your students.
We strongly believe that teachers should also be developers in their daily lives. That’s why this job includes both teaching and software development on our custom-built teaching and learning environment.
It’s also why prior experience in education, while obviously welcome, is not necessary, we can train you on the job.
And here’s what else we can offer you:
- An inspiring environment where we prioritize adaptability, diversity, and lifelong learning;
- Flexible schedules and work from home options;
- Full coverage of travel expenses, no matter where you live in The Netherlands;
- €1K annual budget for coaching and personal & professional development;
- An increasingly diverse team of 20 passionate and skilled colleagues who are dedicated to filling the talent gap in tech;
- A workplace 5 minutes’ walking distance from Sloterdijk station in Amsterdam with sitting/standing desks, 4K monitors, and a new MacBook Pro;
- Classrooms with modern equipment and tools;
- Free lunch, tea, and coffee;
- A competitive salary (€40-60K per year);
- 25 Vacation days per year;
- Permanent contract plus stock options within 2 years;
- Anything else we may agree to: feel free to discuss your needs and preferences.
Not for you, but you know someone who might be interested? Then please share ❤️
(unless you're a recruiter, then please know that we don't appreciate your unsolicited services).
As for what we expect from you:
- Fluent in English (important one: all of our classes are taught in English);
- Experience with Redux or similar;
- Experience with data modelling for relational databases (we use Postgres specifically).
Because we're not only looking to fill the talent, but also the diversity gap in tech and we believe in practicing what we preach, we especially encourage candidates from under-represented groups in tech to apply.